Sunday, November 15, 2009

MOMMY & YARD CARD BUSINESS BLOG

Since I believe it is important to have others in this type of business blog about their situations in running a business, Jane Dixon of www.phoenixstorks.com has written about combining Motherhood and her Yard Display Business. She is a Member of  www.yardcarddirectory.com/.  THANKS Jane!  Marty

As the owner of a Lawn Greeting business, and a mother of 3 small children, I often get asked how I run the business around my young family. That's the beauty of this business, you can choose to run it in a way that works for your situation.

For us, since my children are all under 7, and only 1 is in school full-time, we choose to do all of our deliveries and pickups during the evening and night hours. Stork and baby displays are put up with my husband's help after he comes home from work, and bringing all 3 kids with us in the Minivan. The surprise displays I do myself, in the middle of the night after the kids and my husband are asleep. I need to be back home by 4:00 am so that my husband can get to work on time, so on busy nights I may ask my sister to help with the setups.


Currently, we are comfortable with the amount of income the business is making at this time. Most of our customers find us through the web, either our website or one of the directories and of course we have alot of repeat clients. When our family is older, and all my kids are in school, I plan on ramping up the business with additional advertising and joint-venture partnerships with other local businesses that target the same markets I do.
Jane Dixon
http://www.phoenixstorks.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment