Saturday, June 30, 2012

Start Your Own YARD CARD BUSINESS

Summer time is a great time to Start your Yard Card Business as the weather in most places is suitable for constructing and/or Painting signs.  If your summer is filled with activities, start working on a Business plan and wait until early Fall to actually Start your business.

The Yard Card Business is a great venue. Questions you should think about before starting a this type of business:
* Have I researched the Lawn disaply business?
* Do I have a large enough vehicle to carry signs or yard display items?
* Am I willing to deliver the signs/displays after dark or early morning?
* Do I want to make signs from a Start-up Kit or do I want to use the pre-made or plastic props?
* Do I have artistic ability and would I like to paint signs?
* Do I have a plan to market, network or advertise my business?

* Do I enjoy spoeaking with people on the phone?
*Do I have a computer? Email?
* Can I keep good business records?
If you can answer “Yes” to these questions than this may be the business for you.
If you enjoy celebrations this is a great “social expressions” business. If you have a young family, having a business like this helps teach children about responsiblity and advantages of being your own boss. Having a business is a great teacher and motivator for children; they usually love to help. (Depending on your children’s ages you might not want younger ones actually doing the sign painting—you might end of with something you don’t want. (smile).

It is a fun business and a way to make a little extra money and to make others happy.  Recipients usually enjoy the "special" attention and are enjoy seeing a surprise in their yard in the morning.

Do some research on the business and find what type of product you want to represent--there are many choices of Yard Sign businesses. When I started this type of business in 1990--having my roll out date as Valentine's Day 1991, there was very little internet usage and people had to really work to find information.  It is much easier now to research and find what you need.

Marty Miller: Former 21 year owner of Lawn Expressions Yard Cards, Business Advisor, writer, artist and blogger
www.yardcarddirectory.com     www.homeandhealthtips.com   

No comments:

Post a Comment